Data & its meaning
Meaning of Data
Body Fat Percentage
Body fat percentage (BFP) of a human or other living being is the total mass of fat divided by total body mass; body fat includes essential body fat and storage body fat.
Muscle mass is a term for the bulk of muscular tissue in a person's body. There are three different kinds of muscle in human body, but muscle mass usually refers to the skeletal muscle which as the most visible tissue directly contributes to strength.
Basal Metabolic Rate
That's the amount of energy your body needs for involuntary needs, such as heart, digestion, kidney, brain and other organ functions. Exercise takes additional energy,and BMR is a calculation based on your current height, weight and age.
Body Water Percentage
Body water is contained in tissues, blood, bones and elsewhere, which makes up a significant fraction of the human body by weight and volume. A reasonable level of body water is essential for fluid balance as an aspect of homeostasis.The water rate normal range is 45%~60% for female and 55%~65% for male.
A healthy lean man is composed of 62 % water, 16% fat, 16% protein, 6 % minerals, and less than 1% carbohydrate, along with very small amount of vitamins and other miscellaneous substances. Protein is a main substance for human life.
Bone density or bone mineral density (BMD) is the amount of bone mineral of the bone tissue. The concept is the mass of mineral per volume of bone, which is clinically measured by proxy according to optical density per square centimeter of bone surface upon imaging.
Visceral fat is body fat that is stored within the abdominal cavity and is therefore stored around a number of important internal organs such as the liver, pancreas and intestines.
Proper Usage & Maintenance FAQ
Standing Position on Scale
Care & Maintenance
Safety & Caution
Why the fat rate is fluctuating?
Fat rate is the percentage of human body fat mass to the weight. It is affected by both the fat mass and the weight, while body weight consists of fat weight, muscle weight and bone weight. Any change on your body weight will impact fat rate, for example, you drink water or sweat after sports etc. PICOOC body fat scale is just like a mirror to reflect your body change accordingly. To know your body status better, we suggest you not to use PICOOC scale to do measurement after dining, sports, or bathing. In the meantime, we suggest you to use PICOOC scale at a fixed time and at same status each day.
How many users can use the scale?
There is no limit on the number of users. Everybody can download PICOOC APP and connect to the PICOOC scale. In addition, people can add multiple accounts using the same PICOOC APP. One PICOOC APP can creates up to 10 accounts.
What does the body age stand for?
Body age is an index derived from your muscle mass and BMR (Basal metabolic rate). When body age is beyond your actual age, you are advised to improve your health status.
What is the best time to measure body fat?
The best time is two hours after you get up from bed or two hours after dining. Considering that the measuring method is to measure the bioelectrical impedance of the lower part of your body and the different water levels at different point of time due to different body activity will lead to discrepancies in data. Therefore, we suggest you to measure it constantly at a fixed time every day and the trend analysis will precisely depict your performance.
Why data on the first time measurement is different with it on the second measurement?
If it is 2kg heavier on the first time after weighing several times within a short time, the reason may lie in the movements of the scale. As it is very sensitive for PICOOC scale sensors, the movements of the scale may increase the total weight. So the scale needs to be reset.
Resetting: Wait for 3 seconds after restarting, namely lightly step on the scale to let it automatically restart. It is OK after flickering for 3 seconds on the screen.
We provide 12-months local limited warranty
We have very few complaints on the PICOOC body fat weighting scale. The return rate is as low as 0.1%.
Nevertheless, please keep your receipt safe in the event of a warranty claim. Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase. This warranty is covered for a period of One (1) Year from the date of purchase.
Warranty only can be claimed for the following condition:
- i) Product used with settings based on recommendation in manual but having defect.
- ii) Product used with settings based on recommendation in manual but machine function incorrectly
Warranty not applicable in the following condition
- i) Out of warranty period
- ii) Product used in other than settings or manual recommended and caused the product malfunction and defect.
- iii) Damages caused by services from unauthorised service companies or use parts other than the genuine parts.
- iv)The product has been opened and repaired by unauthorised service companies or person.
- v) External damage causes; such as abuse, incorrect power supply, accidents, fires or acts of God.
- i) We recommended that you retain your original proof of purchase receipt. This warranty card have to provide in the event of a warranty claim. We reserved the rights to reject the warranty if fail to provide this warranty card and proof of purchase receipt.
- ii) The warranty does not include the external cost incurred such as delivery service. Any resulting expenditures incurred shall be absorbed by the buyer.
- iii) There will be a part or service charges for product that is out of warranty period.
Choose one that suit you most